An SQ Scholar is a model student, earning the following merits in school, at home and his/her community:
- The student shows an interest in and curiosity for learning.
- He or she models ethical and appropriate behavior, setting an example for others.
- This student is mannerly, respectful, and discreet in interactions with peers and adults.
- The student demonstrates high-achieving behavior through consistently good grades (equivalent to As and Bs, top 10% of class), consistent and timely completion of homework, organized use of time and resources, and enthusiastic class participation.
- Timely and consistent attendance reflects this person’s commitment as a student.
Raising the Bar
SQ Scholars take initiative, ask questions, think deeply, and consider other people’s perspectives. In every aspect of their lives, they:
- Keep commitments and persevere;
- Act morally, responsibly and with integrity; and
- Pursue education that leads to a rewarding and productive life.
SQ Scholars does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or physical ability.